7Arts is a decentralized collaborative community-powered digital canvas of pixels managed on the Ethereum blockchain by a smart contract.
7Arts is a modern interpretation of milliondollarhompage.com, where 100-pixel blocks (measuring 10 x 10 pixels) were sold for $1 per pixel on a 1000 x 1000 pixel grid. Purchasers had the option to add their own image which was linked to their respective sites with a slogan displayed when the cursor was hovered over the link.
Although the concept is not original (particularly on the Ethereum blockchain), the execution is unique in the following ways:
- Our canvas is a three-dimensional grid cube that contains a total of 6,000,000 pixels (1,000,000 pixels for each side of the cube — 1000 x 1000 grid).
- Blocks of 100-pixels (10 x 10 pixels) is sold for 1 ETH per pixel.
- Low transaction fees at 0.1% per transaction.
- Pixel space can be customized with a personalized title, link, message, and image.
Images are stored using the decentralized InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), an open-source peer-to-peer (p2p) network protocol file sharing system designed to store and share hypermedia.
In addition to IPFS, 7ARTS.io utilizes Truffle Suite, consisting of Truffle, Ganache, and Drizzle.
- Truffle is a world class Ethereum-based development framework that features:
- Management of contract artifacts, which includes support for library linking, custom deployments, and complex Ethereum applications;
- Management of network artifacts.
- Ganache is a personal Ethereum blockchain development utilized for contract deployment, application development, and testing. Ganache also features:
- User-friendly access to ongoing status of all accounts (addresses, transactions, private keys, and balances);
- Advanced mining controls;
- Byzantium, the latest Ethereum features necessary for dApp development.
How to Own Pixels
Owning your own piece of the grid is simple. First, the MetaMask plugin extension on your browser (i.e., Chrome or Firefox) is recommended. MetaMask is a safe and secure digital wallet used to purchase anything with the Ether (ETH).
Whenever the transaction is confirmed, your pixels are stored on the Ethereum blockchain. MetaMask also offers the option for localhost network access, where all Ganache generated transaction accounts is available.
- Login to access and customize your pixels with a personalized title/slogan, link, message, and image.
- Multi-touch featuring drag gesture and pinch zoom gesture for easy and comfortable view of the three-dimensional cube.
- Grid view in two convenient viewing modes: 3D and 2D.
- Step-by-step walkthrough tutorial on how to purchase pixels.
- Details on the 7Arts.io dApp and all the frameworks and libraries utilized.
- Access to any pixel details: transactions, titles/slogans, links, message, and images.
- Remaining pixels left.
- Social media sharing function.
7ARTS.io on the Blockchain
Whether you’re an artist, who aims to draw and create art, an advertiser, who aims to market and advertise their brand, or simply someone who desires to own a section of the evolving blockchain canvas, join 7ARTS.io and together we’ll leave our imprint permanently on the blockchain.
Feel free to contact us regarding any inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And for the latest and upcoming news, follow our social media platforms:
Official Website: https://www.7arts.io
Telegram Group : https://t.me/7artsio
Empower artists, writers, musicians, non-profits and community initiatives – delegate Steem Power to @sndbox (using the links below) or follow our curation trail. Learn more about Sndbox – watch our introduction, here.